I woke up this morning to gray light in the bedroom. That was great! Every other night since the laminectomy surgery, it has been pitch dark right about the time the pain meds wore off around 2:30 am.
Progress on Pain
I didn’t even take another pill and I felt pretty good as I got up for the day. It seems like all of a sudden, the pain is a lot better. In the first few days, when the Percocet was wearing off, I could tell. My body would go through temperature changes, I’d shake, feel horrible and the pain would come on hard. As of yesterday, that wasn’t happening. Today is the same and maybe better.
Other things that have gotten better:
- I’ve mastered getting into and out of bed with minimal pain. I think the pain going down help.
- I’m not as scared of going to sleep as I make it longer without waking in pain
- My wife picked up a replacement Pikstik for me
- I was able to get to the garage and shave my head, so I don’t have to worry about my mop so much. My wife said I did a bad job, but I’m happy with it.
- Legs seems to be doing better on walks. Still going slow and not pushing them, but there are aches for sure
I think there are more, but those are on the top of my head right now.
Tomorrow will mark 1 week.